WOYWW and Painting Class

Another Wednesday and we're hopping around the world to have a peek at everybody's desk, thanks to Julia of Stamping Ground. It is fun to see what people are working on and find a lot of inspiration and make some friends as well (I especially like that part).

I'm thinking of making some Halloween cards since Halloween is my very favorite holiday. However, I'm a bit uninspired at the moment, and to get me started I printed out the images of a few cards I made a few years ago and sold very successfully in the scrapbook store I was working at. I still have some of these little ATC-sized cards/images that I would love to use.


Perhaps some of you remember the mixed media painting I was working on last Wednesday. I finished it over the weekend and I'm quite happy with it. It's a little bit different from what I usually do. I really enjoyed creating it, especially the trees were a lot of fun. The little flowers are actually some cut up ribbon, and then I just added glitter to the center of them. So easy! Of course there had to be a little cat somewhere in the painting - can you see it? This morning I put it in my Etsy shop (not the cat, but the painting - with the cat!).


Last Friday I started a mixed media painting class through our local college (the community ed department) and I L-O-V-E it! The instructor is a wonderful, talented artist who started out with precision watercolor and now does mixed media - no more precision! It's messy and lots of fun. There are one man and about 10-15 women in the class, and I really like the cameradie among us. The class lasts for three hours - three hours that just fly by. One of the things we did was using a candle to draw on drawing paper with it; then wet the paper and crinkle it up and unwrapping it again; start painting with either watercolor or watered down acrylics, using different techniques that she (the instructor) had shown us. The wax of the candle serves as a resistant, as you can see here - I did the swirls with the candle. It's a super easy and fun technique. We will build our mixed media painting with all the little paintings we do right now. I can't wait for the next class. The entire class will be for six weeks - and we all have already agreed that this is way too short.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...