Internet shopping

It's one of the many possibly detrimental habits that I picked up in England this year. Others include the use of liquid eyeliner (often put on in an inebriated state with less than perfect results) and generally being the kind of girl the teachers who adored me at school would not (want to) recognise. Oh well, I had to break out of my prim and proper shell sometime.
Here are a few of my latest (favourite) purchases:






At the moment I'm utterly loving The Book of the Dead. Here are some of my initial notes on it from the airport from about two weeks ago.
I haven't even finished the first chapter yet, but my mind has already been blown dozens of times. I can't believe how much I'm learning - and how much there still is that I don't know. So far I've found out that Leonardo and Newton were gay, and the latter was also a practicing alchemist who died a virgin. Byron kept a bear in his room at Cambridge and drank from a human skull (and I thought the aspiring writers on my course were wild). His daughter basically produced the first computer program, and imagined how in the future such an engine could be used to create music and graphics. And she had an affair with Dickens. Dalí and H. C. Andersen were addicted to masturbation, and Freud to cocaine. Wow!




In case you were wondering, this is the current situation:

Pictures from amazon.co.uk, manicpanic.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...