TV misfits

Just when I’d pretty much given up on Glee (the Justin Bieber episode was the final nail in the coffin), they gave us ‘Blame It on the Alcohol’ which proved that a drunken Glee Club is a whole lot of fun. Even clingy annoying bore Rachel (‘Your face. Tastes. Awesome.’). Of course the episode turned into a PSA towards the end, because you can’t have the biggest show in the world glorifying underage drinking.
Darren Criss’ character Blaine is still too boringly perfect for me, but when he starts to sing – anything –, I melt. Talk about charisma! Case in point: ‘Teenage Dream’ (and I truly hate that song. At least I used to). Also, for those of you not nerdy enough to have seen the Youtube phenomenon that is University of Michigan’s ‘A Very Potter Musical’, I assure you, he makes for a fantastic Harry Potter. And songwriter.
All that considered, I’d sure like to get him drunk.
But enough of that show.
Because, seriously, shut up, you over-hyped Glee kids.
Misfits is what it’s all about. When seemingly everyone in my halls of residence, as well as on my Twitter and Facebook had claimed it was the best thing on TV, I decided to give it a go.
And they were right! I know I’ve been praising far too many programmes that turned out to be average at best, but this is the real deal. Ignore the ridiculous-sounding premise (five young offenders doing their community service develop super powers as a result of a freak storm) – or try to, at least, because honestly, it is brilliant. Those characters are not as inexperienced and pathetic as The Inbetweeners, but neither are they as damaged and serious as the ones on Skins. Which makes them the by far the most relatable young people on TV. It’s hilarious and touching and exciting and addictive. The soundtrack is sick. And the cinematography – wow! I can’t think of any other show with such aesthetically pleasing camera work, shots that you’d want to frame and put on your walls. I can't even explain it, it's something you have to see.
Top points from me.
Pictures from weheartit.com
Category: , , , 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...