When it rains, it pours

Blog posts. There’s been a real drought around here, but no more. The floodgates are open.
Today I’d like to very briefly talk to you about my new TV faves.
Firstly, Sherlock. It’s brilliant. Truly a masterpiece of a show. I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone.Secondly, Grandma’s House. This one I’m reluctant to recommend, because I have a feeling that many people would find it too boring and pretentious. But I’m exactly the right amount of boring and pretentious so I love it.
It took a few episodes to really get into it, but it’s a lovely little show that’s at least as painful as it is funny. But that’s life, isn’t it? I can definitely relate to it, because I too want to have a meaningful life and write plays and go out with very talented and skinny indie guys.
Or at least write a show like that one day – because it’s quite clear Simon Amstell has basically written the show about his own hopes, flaws, insecurities and family – and is playing himself in it. Which breaks my heart just as it amuses and inspires me.




Pictures from weheartit.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...