Many of you know how much I like to read Kat's blog The Kat Eye View of the World. At the moment she writes about a very interesting topic, the process of elimination. I use this a lot - either while I'm taking photos or afterwards with the help of Photoshop.
Here are a few examples, all taken in the port of Brookings, Oregon.
I really loved the colors of the buoys on this boat, but there was no way that I could get closer. So I took a picture of the boat...
and then cropped it until only the buoys were left.
Same here - I really liked the crab cage, the way it sat on the pier and was reflected in the water:
By cropping closely I also was able to eliminate the other more distracting reflections and the rope:
Or here, where it was the color again that caught my eyes, but it was too far away. I was able to crop out the blue house, and then I used the wonderful tools of Photoshop to get rid of the poles:
However, I got close enough to this boat, the "Earl Green"...
to get a close up of this detail...
and to get a closer look at the texture of the boat's paint:
If you want to see what other photographers did you can follow the link here.









0 comments:
Post a Comment