Unplugged


I had read on Gina's blog about National Day of Unplugging and thought what a wonderful idea that was. I'm spending so much time on the computer, especially right now because I'm taking two online classes. Over the past few weeks I've tried to limit my computer time, switching on the PC not before 2:00pm, and sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I'd rather spend the time creating and the morning is my most productive time.

So I unplugged Friday night and didn't return to the PC before this morning.

The Geek was gone the entire day - yesterday was the regional competition for Odyssey of the Mind and he served as a problem captain for the Mousemobile problem. Kaefer woke up with a sore throat and coughing, but no high temperature. After getting some medication at the pharmacy, she spent the day bundled up on the couch, reading four books (Nancy Drew) and watching the 2010 Winter Olympic Games events we had taped last year. Some of them we actually watched together and it was amazing how exciting it still was although we already knew the results! I also spent time in the studio, working on canvas for the She Art workshop and thoroughly enjoying it. It was rather pleasant outside, so I worked several hours in the yard, weeding, cutting back and watching the birds. In the evening, after the Geek had returned exhausted from an exciting day, I cooked dinner for the family and we spent a good time together. It was just a lovely day. We all need those from time to time.

Do you unplug every now and then?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...