Baby, It's Cold Outside

When I woke up yesterday morning and looked outside, I saw this:


We had had one of the coldest nights - remember, this is California, so this is not our typical weather, even in winter. There are only a few days when the frost is as beautiful as this morning and of course, I had to take pictures.

This is what it looked like on the deck

I guess you know what this is

I had forgotten about the hook on the table.

The flowers were cold, too:




Then I took a picture of this:

which is completely unexciting. So I started playing with my lens...

...and remembered the lensbaby. It was fun to play around with THAT one.



There is a big tub filled with water in our yard. Of course there was a sheet of ice on the surface. The Geek and Kaefer started to play around with that, lifting out a few sheets since they couldn't take the whole thing.

They had interesting patterns


One looked like a bird (a woodpecker?)



And these are Kaefer's pajamas seen through one of the ice-sheets.


Makes a nice abstract, doesn't it?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...