I'm quite surprised! It's only Thursday, and I'm already done with my piece for this week's Creative Color Challenge. The first time I barely made it by Saturday, then it was at least Friday - so does that mean next week's piece (the last one for this challenge) will be done by Wednesday?
Seriously...
This week's color was Sea Green, and to put a little twist to it, it's been combined with Cathy Nichols' theme "To the sea" of her Found Art Friday. And the deadline pretty much is today (now you know - I obviously need the pressure).
Here's my "Voice of the Sea":
The color looks almost like last week's turquoise, right? Well, blame it on the camera. I couldn't for the heck of it get even one picture in which the color was reflected correctly. This one - after zillions of photos - is the one that comes closest. The color is "laguna green" and really looks like that including all the shades that I mixed with it. But - the camera didn't recognize that. So please imagine a beautiful laguna green in three different shades...
I painted on a 8x10 canvas, stamped the starfish with antique white and wrote the quote by Kate Chopin - I really love this quote. I inked the stamped image of "sunsource" (Stampington & Company) with Distress Ink and sprayed the torn page with Glimmer Mist and also inked it with Distress Ink. As a final touch I adhered several treasures I found at the beach.
Working with this color was real fun. First, I really like the color, and Cathy's theme "To the sea" helped a lot since I love to create anything ocean related. No wonder I was done so quickly!!!
The Voice of the Sea
Author: lilisokey
Category:
color,
Creative Color Challenge,
mixed media art,
turquoise
0
comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment