I heard it on
Grammar Girl and read it in
The Cambridge Introduction to Creative Writing, and finally decided that they must be right in claiming that having a notebook and carrying it around is smart and even necessary. I’ve personally never had one. When I was in school I used to scribble down ideas on the backs of these useless papers I always had between the covers of my school journal (old tests and exercise sheets etc). And then when I finished school and got an iPhone I started writing everything down in the notes I had there. Right now, for example, I have 98 notes on my phone: books to read, songs to download, recipes to try, as well as ideas for novels, blog posts and tweets. I’ve got used to writing sentences and even paragraphs on the touchscreen keyboard, but I’ll admit that it isn’t the most comfortable way to write, and I tend to be as laconic as possible.
So in order to not lose any potentially ingenious thoughts I bought a notebook which I’ll (hopefully) always keep in my purse from now on.

Although the cover art of the Grand Canal in Venice is nice, it doesn’t
do anything for me. Too neutral, too boring. Not a problem, though, I’ll get it sorted. It’s kind of 'my thing'.
A few examples from school:
My Physics exercise book:

Chemistry:

Russian:

English:

A folder:
0 comments:
Post a Comment