Birthdays

Yesterday I went to my best friend’s birthday party. Her real birthday was 12 days ago and I’d like to think that she postponed the celebration partly because I was in Nice learning French at that time. Even though I didn’t move my birthday party this year and she missed it because she was in New York…
Here’s what I decided to wear:
Top: Only
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Vagabond
Flower from New Yorker
Then I remembered that my month on the Côte d’Azur is unfortunately over and in Estonia it gets chilly at night.
Jacket: Seppälä
The party was great, but completely different from my own birthday party. Mine... well, mine had a theme. A theme I came up with last autumn when my addiction to Gossip Girl was the strongest. Yeah, you guessed it, it was GG.
I worked hard on the invitation:

And the menu:
I chose sweet and colourful cocktails:
Of course, I gave my outfit some serious thought. The headband was the key and after searching and searching and not finding any cute ones that weren’t ridiculously expensive, I decided to glam up a simple one with some ribbon.
The next step was jewellery, and then of course the dress. I wore this ruffled one from Gina Tricot, because I thought it looked like something Blair might wear.
The playlist of the night featured exclusively songs from the soundtrack of Gossip Girl and episodes of the show were playing mute in the background.
At midnight, we were picked up in a black stretch limo to go clubbing. Honestly, it was a pretty perfect night and totally worth discovering what a real hangover feels like the next day.
Screencaps from www.gossipgirlonline.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...